Tuesday 16 December 2008

There is always the right way

I found the reason why the water was resting near the filler cap. The pipe below the tank has three connections. one from the tank, one up to the breather and one down to the ground via the fairing to let out any water....
I tried to feed the copper wire through the pipe with no success near the filler cap. I then lifted the tank by undoing the single allen screw under the seat. lifted the tank up and could see that the pipe going to the ground off the y piece had a kink it it. As i pulled it off the pipe was full of dirt.
I cleaned the pipe cut off the plastic so that a fresh plastic would grip onto the y piece. After putting the tank back I made sure the pipe would not kink and tested by spraying some dwd40 down the pipe.....
Now as the way it was intended the water will drain to the ground....
Vinny

No comments: